Content created: 2012-08-29
File last modified:
Overview: This form allows you to submit a text file and have my CGI script turn it into a functional, self-contained flashcard-style practice quiz like the sample. Each quiz is configured so that a student is presented with terms and asked to imagine a definition before clicking on the term to receive the definition you provide.
- Each item must consist of
- a term to be defined, followed by a "pipe" character: |
(If you are using a European computer without a pipe character, use three exclamation marks —!!!— instead.)
- the definition itself
- The characters %% (This is optional after the last item.)
- Spaces adjacent to the pipe character or to %% are optional and irrelevant.
- It is also irrelevant whether the %% separator goes on a line by itself.
Save the finished quiz onto your own hard disk and put it into your own web site. Be sure to change the name to something ending in ".htm" or ".html" when you save the quiz. Save it as "HTML only," not "complete." (The latter destroys the code in new versions of IE.) Double-check the downloaded version to make sure it works perfectly.
My program does not keep a copy of your input or of the output it creates, so if you do not save it, it is gone.
Return to top.