Research in Ethnic Studies
|Ethnic Studies 191, Fall 2010||Office: SSB 227||Office hours:|
|Professor Ross Frank||Phone: (858) 534-6646||
|SSB 103, Wed. 10am -12:50 pm||
Thurs. 10-11am & by appt.
These are the questions we will discuss in class:
1) What research project does the author describe in the introduction?
2) What research question (or questions) does the project pose?
3) How does the author situate the project in relation to other work done on the topic?
4) What methodology (or methodologies) does the research project employ?
5) How does the author situate her own position as an academic researcher in relation to the subject(s) studied?